The Bloomfield track is a 33km off-road 4wd track that winds its way through the majestic Daintree Cape Tribulation Rainforests discovering the beautiful Bloomfield Falls and natural waterholes in Australia. This track is not suitable for 2wd vehicles and even in a 4wd vehicle it is suited to the more experienced 4×4 driver. Although it can be a reasonably easy drive in favourable conditions it also has the potential to be a very difficult track and at times impassable after wet weather. It is very important to check rainfall in this area before setting off and make sure you are well prepared for the trip. It is however well worth the effort if the conditions are right and you are prepared and ready for the challenge. It is however quite normal to experience some wet weather while on the rainforest trek at the beginning, leading to more dry and desert conditions towards the end of the trip.
The Bloomfield track has very little gravel covering and can be either a dry slippery surface or a muddy and at times boggy track which takes you on some steep hill climbs, sloping descents and great creek crossings. It is important to gauge the depth and current of the water in the creek before crossing to make sure it is safe to do so. If you have to leave the vehicle to check the depth of the creek for the crossing please be aware that you are in Crocodile territory and be very careful.
This 4wd trek is a fantastic day trip that any 4wd enthusiast would enjoy – covering a diverse terrains from slippery clay, boggy mud, slippery dirt, creek crossing, steep hill climbs, winding tracks and difficult sloping descents. Sounds perfect!!
- No entry fees or permits are required to do this 4×4 trek.
- Make sure you take insect repellent.
- This type of terrain involves some skilful 4×4 driving and it is always important to use common sense and your four wheel driving knowledge when making steep climbs and descents and crossing creeks/rivers in your vehicle.
- When crossing a creek you need to gauge the depth and whether a current is present, as some vehicles have been washed away in strong currents after substantial rainfall.
Things to do and see…
- 4WD trek which gives your the opportunity to discover the pure beauty of the Daintree Tribulation Rainforest, Bloomfield Falls, and waterholes.
- Sightseeing, fishing, croc spotting, rainforest walk
Cairns to Cooktown ( Cape Trib to Bloomfield ) Northern Queensland.